Hard work makes dreams come true

May 15, 2018

Growing up in the small town of Tilden, Wisconsin, Josh Beaudette had a few big dreams of his own. The biggest was to become a husband and a father. Therefore, he made it his goal to graduate from college and establish a career to provide for his future family.

Josh Beaudette, the operations manager and marketing coordinator at River Bend Winery in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, enjoys talking to customers. ©2018KarissaPlath

According to Beaudette, there are a several traits that build good character: gratefulness, respect, curiosity and treating others as you would want to be treated.

Josh Beaudette is the retail operations manager and marketing coordinator at River Bend Winery in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire with emphasis in Advertising.

Since Beaudette was young, two people that influenced him more than anyone else were his parents. Beaudette says he was raised simply, not wealthy by any means.  His parents taught him at a young age to be grateful for everything he has, even the little things.

“If anyone does something for you, you thank them, because the world doesn’t actually owe you anything,” Beaudette explains.

His studies in college included copywriting, creating campaigns, handling media budgets and managing clients. Graphic design also intrigued him, but it was not the focus for his major. After college, through different projects at River Bend, his interest for graphic design blossomed.

Beaudette maintained three demanding customer service jobs throughout his college career.

“I started working when I was 15 because my family didn’t have a lot of money.” He says, “So I had to start earning for myself. I learned a good work ethic; my dad worked all the time, so he was a good role model for working hard”.

Sheila Hurt is starting her second season of work at River Bend Winery.

“Josh is just a really friendly manager,” Hurt said. “He cares about the business, cares about the product and the employees and he cares about the customers.”

“He is customer-focused. It’s all about what can we do for the customer to make them happy, and he really encourages us to do the same.”

Outside his work life, Beaudette prides himself on being a husband and father. Beaudette has a long history with his wife, Sarah. They grew up on the same street and went to the same school, in Tilden. When they were only in fifth grade, they started to date but it did not last- at that point in time.

As time passed, Beaudette remained best friends with Sarah’s brother. Because of this friendship, Beaudette was always around Sarah, and the love never left. But it was not until college that Beaudette and Sarah decided to date for a second time.

“In college we finally realized what we wanted and that we would probably be perfect for each other.” Beaudette said “So, we started dating in 2011 and got married July 9, 2016.”

Less than two years later, another one of Beaudette’s dreams came true. He became a father Jan. 2, 2018, when his daughter Robin Beaudette was born.

Although Beaudette has achieved his dreams, he learned a few valuable lessons from his past experiences.

When thinking about his future, Beaudette does not shy away from dreaming big. He continues pursuing his passions in every aspect of his life. For his professional life, he hopes to seek his interest in graphic design because it might open more doors for other career options. He also does graphic design free lancing in which he hopes to expand on. In his personal life, he hopes to grow his family even more.

Looking back, Beaudette has some advice to give about the value of hard work:

“Working hard is not just something I do to impress others or have my bosses like me,” he said. “It is something that I want to do, and I want to do a good job. Everything else, I think, just comes along the way.”

“You work hard, you love what you do, everything else just falls into place. People notice your hard work, and they will give you more opportunities.”