Mother’s Day has businesses planning for the busy weekend

Annemarie Payson

More stories from Annemarie Payson

Brunches, events and sales are some celebrations held by Chippewa Valley businesses on Sunday

Back to Article
Back to Article

© Annemarie Payson 2019

© Annemarie Payson 2019

© Annemarie Payson 2019

Restaurants and businesses across the Chippewa Valley are preparing for Mother’s Day celebrations this Sunday.

With Mother’s Day tomorrow, businesses are offering different celebration brunches and events. For those that are still looking for the perfect day to spend with family, or just looking for something new to try, some ideas can be found below.

Stop and smell the roses

Down to Earth, located in Eau Claire, has a variety of gifts for mothers, ranging from flowers to chocolates to jewelry. After strolling the grounds that are now filled with brightly colored flowers, mothers can enjoy lunch and a free chocolate from the Five & Two Cafe.

Christine Theisen, the marketing and events coordinator, is hoping for a big turn out as is typical for the business.  

“This is our biggest time of the year,” Theisen said. “It’s our biggest weekend, really. We love to celebrate the mothers but also love this time of year.”

Different elements have been added to this years event.

This year we will have hanging baskets for $15, which is our lowest price of the entire year,” Theisen said. “We have our new grainery open, which is new for this event year.”

Brunch and entertainment

Lake Wissota Bar & Grill is offering an all-you-can-eat-buffet with live music and family photo taking. The buffet includes a sample of different foods such as salads, fresh fruit, cheeses, salmon, lox bagels, muffins, eggs and more. It costs $25 for adults and $10 for children. Kids under 2 years old get in for free.

Nate Suckerman, an employee of the Lake Wissota Bar & Grill, is seeing the crowds already turn out.

“We do this every year, and it is always by reservation,” Suckerman said. “As of right now we are closed for reservation, and normally 400 to 500 people attend each year, so it is a big event.”

Fresh Food Brunch

Menomonie Market Food Co-op is rolling out a 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. brunch at its Main Street location. The brunch menu includes cheesy egg bake, sweet potato mash, french toast with fruit and more. The price for adults is $15.99 and the price for kids is $9.99. Children under three years old are free.

Mother’s Day “DIY bath soak”

Tangled Up In Hue has packed the Mother’s Day weekend with events and offers at its downtown Eau Claire store. It will have a do-it-yourself Herbal Bath Soak pop-up, allowing attendees to choose their own jar, salts and herbal blends.

Attendees can purchase any gift bundle and receive a 20 percent off gift certificate, allowing mom to pick out her gift herself. On Mother’s Day, every mom receives a free pin or magnet that were handmade with “mom” themes.

Sarah Hammes- Murray, the creative director at Tangled Up In Hue, is preparing for new events while still focusing on the moms.

“We always try and do something to celebrate Mother’s Day,” Hammes-Murray said. “This will be our second Mother’s Day holiday at the new larger store and we decided we really wanted to add on to what we normally do and celebrate the moms a little more this year.”

There are many other options to choose from this weekend in the Chippewa Valley. Check out Volume One and Visit Eau Claire to find more events.