University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire students are in high demand after graduation

Eau Claire graduates share their experiences of navigating graduation and landing a job before commencement

This year’s University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire final destination report shows that 83 percent of graduating students have secured a job.

SUBMITTED

That job security could be attributed to a lot of different factors, but one of the main reasons students feel confident stepping into the real world after graduation is Career Services on campus.

Staci Heidtke, Associate Director of the Career Service Offices said that she wants to continue to give students the skills they need and watch those numbers go up.

“We teach them to communicate with employers, sometimes we call that networking, but that’s kind of scary to students, so instead we talk about how do they communicate and how do they talk to other people about themselves professionally,” Heidtke said.

A marketing student, rachel Wiener, said that she feels Eau Claire has equipped her for the working world.

“I’m involved in a couple sales organizations and the teachers just do a really great job of setting you up for success and just giving you hands on experience and transferable skills,” Weiner said.